The SDSA committee meet monthly, alternating between St Mary’s and The Saints Pub in Millbrook.
When we meet at St Mary’s, we normally have at least 2 representatives from the club to update us on current issues and campaigns that we have brought to their attention previously, and to discuss and take away new issues and campaigns brought to the committee’s attention since we last met at St Mary’s.
The SDSA and the club do have communication between meetings, but with the club attending our committee meetings it provides a scheduled time and place for both sides to clarify points that maybe an email or phone call may have missed.
Below are the issues and campaigns that we are currently liasing with the club to either rectify or introduce.
- Fit better handles to disabled toilets fitted with RADAR locks
- Re-open raised decks in the Northam and Itchen North stands – Achieved
- Make access into the stadium Megastore easier for disabled supporters – Achieved
- Installation of a larger changing room in the stadium Megastore
- Installation of a Changing Places disabled toilet and changing facility – Achieved
- Installation of a Sensory Room for supporters with Autism – Achieved
The SDSA have been working with the club since our inception. We have discovered during this time that mutually respectful discussions achieve far more than if we demand changes of the football club. Discussions on the various issues mentioned above, take place between the club and the SDSA mostly behind closed doors. So although things appear to take time and nothing is being done, please rest assured that both the SDSA and SFC are working behind the scenes to make sure visiting St Mary’s is as inclusive as possible for all supporters of Saints.